Monday, October 03, 2011
New Vignette: Wind & Sand
I captured all the footage during a hike I took through Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore. I chose a route I'd never seen or taken before and picked a day with 50mph winds to do it. Knowing there would be gargantuan amounts of sand flying I brought a pair of goggles for me and an airtight underwater case for the camera.
Overall, the experience was a mix of excitement and misery, but I find I really enjoy that combo. And the footage is benefitted by the misery, I believe that! I think discomfort lends itself to a more interesting and unusual shot. This was a film Friday shoot for me, so really the point of the film was simply just to make it. But I hope you enjoy it! It's short, but sweet.
And lastly, I'd like to apologize for the shaky nature of the footage. It's really difficult to film with steady hands when the wind is trying its hardest to knock you over.
All my love,
JohnPaul
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
beautiful. miss this so much. gc
Makes Michigan look even cooler than it already is.
Post a Comment